Quality and Continuous Improvement Engineer
Company Classification: Furniture Manufacturer
Offered By: Open Plan Systems 4700 Deepwater Terminal Rd. Richmond, VA 23234
Open Plan Systems is a leading manufacturer of quality manufactured office products, but at a fraction of the cost of larger manufacturers. In addition, we are also a leading distributor of seating, storage and accessories. We are passionate about keeping our customers satisfied by providing them with unparalleled service, quality and savings. Open Plan Systems is located in Richmond, Virginia; established in 2001. Our showroom, and administration building cover 300,000 square feet and our manufacturing center covers 10.8 acres— we continue to keep growing! Open Plan Systems ships its products nationwide, with a focus on the Eastern United States.
Summary Position Description:
The Quality Engineer will serve in a critical role under the engineering manager to lead a culture of quality, continuous improvement, and reliability in manufacturing. Candidate will lead continuous improvement efforts by establishing standards, SPC, root cause analysis, and C.I. project execution. More importantly, they will be a key member of a growing team to continue the development of OPS to an industry leading, lean organization.
- Establish product and manufacturing specifications through QAS, Standard Work, and Product Documentation.
- Lead company Quality Assurance program, including metrics and project definition.
- Work with site leadership teams using CI/Lean tools and analytical skills to identify, prioritize and lead Continuous Improvement projects or activities that align with company strategy.
- Lead 5S and Lean Manufacturing culture through 5S, Kaizen events, and coaching.
- Work with operators and suppliers to document, markup, and communicate changes to parts and assemblies within an ECN process.
- Propose and record ECN’s (Engineering Change Notice).
- Lead NCM (Non Conforming Material) program
- Take the initiative to suggest new standards, implement new strategies, and take on special projects.
- Ability to work independently and with other team members on multiple projects at once.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent work experience
- Strong communication skills through all levels.
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- 5S, Lean Manufacturing experience.
- Ability to read/create drawings and blueprints, AutoCAD or Solidworks experience a plus.
- Google and Microsoft Office knowledge.
- Wood, upholstery, and metal fabrication experience preferred.
- Individual must be detail oriented, well organized, and disciplined to adhere to engineering standards.
- Developing action plans and implementing related corrective measures.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- Pass the drug test and physical exam.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- 401K Program
This posting was last updated on: April 11, 2019
Apply Online: https://www.openplan.com/careers/employment-application/
OPS is an equal opportunity, M/F/V/D, and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices based on race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Job Number : 01BN-0411201905112019