Company Classification: Furniture Manufacturer
General Labor – Panel
Open Plan Systems 4700 Deepwater Terminal Rd. Richmond, VA 23234
Open Plan Systems is a leading manufacturer of quality new manufactured office products, but at a fraction of the cost of larger manufacturers. In addition, we are also a leading distributor of seating, storage and accessories. We are passionate about keeping our customers satisfied by providing them with unparalleled service, quality and savings. Open Plan Systems is located in Richmond, Virginia; established in 2001. Our showroom, and administration building cover 300,000 square feet and our manufacturing center cover 10.8 acres— we continue to keep growing! Open Plan Systems ships its products nationwide, with a focus on the Eastern United States.
- The candidate for this position is required to perform daily warehouse functions.
- To enter and record inventory counts in the computerized system.
- Identify incorrect items and notify their supervisor.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear and defects.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Keep correct inventory counts on product within candidate’s work area.
- Responsible for keeping area clean and well stocked.
- Pack, unpack and mark items for inventory
- Clean and organize product
- Follow direct instructions for manufacturing processes
- Use of hand tools to manufacture certain products
- He/She will work closely with the department manager to insure proper workflow, product storage and inventory counts.
- Maintain company equipment in working order and promote a safe, clean, and organized working environment.
- Follow company’s quality control procedures.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques.
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned as required
- Good understanding and basic knowledge of a warehouse environment.
- Ability to handle intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Able to function in a working environment is comfortable atmosphere with irregular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, and/or loud noise, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Ability to work well with others: A ‘team player’ attitude with a willingness to help wherever needed.
- Time management skills; strong organizational skills; an ability to juggle multiple tasks; flexible and resourceful.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 year of experience is recommended.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to provide protective footwear (steel toe shoes required).
- Must be able to able to read/speak English.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- 401K Program
This posting was last updated on: April 11, 2019
Apply Online: https://www.openplan.com/careers/employment-application/
OPS is an equal opportunity, M/F/V/D, and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices based on race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Job Number: O8A-0411201905112019