Company Classification: Furniture Manufacturer
Open Plan Systems 4700 Deepwater Terminal Rd. Richmond, VA 23234
Open Plan Systems is a leading manufacturer of quality new manufactured office products, but at a fraction of the cost of larger manufacturers. In addition, we are also a leading distributor of seating, storage and accessories. We are passionate about keeping our customers satisfied by providing them with unparalleled service, quality and savings. Open Plan Systems is located in Richmond, Virginia; established in 2001. Our showroom, and administration building cover 300,000 square feet and our manufacturing center cover 10.8 acres— we continue to keep growing! Open Plan Systems ships its products nationwide, with a focus on the Eastern United States.
This candidate must be able to order materials, supplies, equipment, and services for the company. Candidate must be able to follow through with vendors on shipment and delivery. Candidate must be able to assess what products the company needs and which supplier will best fit the needs. Should be able to evaluate current trends and negotiate the best price. This position will require a very strict diligence to priorities and attention to detail.
- Study sales record and prior company transactions.
- Maintain records and follow up files of purchases, shipments, and related matters.
- Complete sales purchases, including equipment, machines, goods, and services for companies.
- Consider price, quality, availability, reliability, and technical support when choosing suppliers and merchandise.
- Receive and review all written purchase requisitions for accuracy and delivery requirements.
- Track the company’s needs and products consumption to determine which products should be bought.
- Find the highest quality goods possible by reading reviews and performing extensive research.
- Keep abreast of changes affecting both the supply of, and demand for, needed products and materials.
- Negotiate and supervise supply contracts.
- Evaluate prior sales to establish future fulfillment needs.
- Identify foreign and domestic suppliers and vendors.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Research suppliers and negotiate contracts for product fulfillment processing.
- Contact vendors for promotional prices and incentives and resolve issues related to orders or received shipments.
- Place orders and ensure product is shipped according to deadlines.
- Maintain updated vendor list.
- Job Requirements:
- Able to learn quickly, think independently and make sound decisions.
- Structured, must be able to organize the flow and direction of multiple forms of communication. Time management skills; an ability to juggle multiple tasks; self-motivated, creative, results oriented, flexible and resourceful, with little to no direct supervision.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Prefer Bachelor’s Degree or an equitant in work experience will be considered.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
High level of proficiency in the use of Windows Office suite.
Relocation to Richmond, Virginia is required.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- 401K Program
This posting was last updated on: April 11, 2019
Apply Online: https://www.openplan.com/careers/employment-application/
OPS is an equal opportunity, M/F/V/D, and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices based on race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Job Number : 01BC-0411201905112019