Company Classification: Furniture Manufacturer
Open Plan Systems 4700 Deepwater Terminal Rd. Richmond, VA 23234
Open Plan Systems is a leading manufacturer of quality manufactured office products, but at a fraction of the cost of larger manufacturers. In addition, we are also a leading distributor of seating, storage and accessories. We are passionate about keeping our customers satisfied by providing them with unparalleled service, quality and savings. Open Plan Systems is located in Richmond, Virginia; established in 2001. Our showroom, and administration building cover 300,000 square feet and our manufacturing center covers 10.8 acres— we continue to keep growing! Open Plan Systems ships its products nationwide, with a focus on the Eastern United States.
- This candidate will work closely with Shipping Manager to insure proper workflow, product storage and inventory counts.
- Maintain company equipment in working order and promote a safe, clean, and organized working environment.
- Shipping staff must be able to follow company’s quality control procedures.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques.
- Identify incorrect/short shipped items and immediately notify supervisor.
- Deliver products, supplies, and equipment to designated area.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear and defects.
- Must be able to receive, count, and store inventory items.
- Ability to record receiving data using computer.
- Pack, unpack, and mark stock items, using identification tag, stamp, or electronic marking tool or other labeling equipment.
- Good understanding and basic knowledge of a warehouse environment.
- Ability to handle intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Able to function in a working environment is comfortable atmosphere with irregular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, and/or loud noise, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Ability to work well with others: A ‘team player’ attitude with a willingness to help wherever needed.
Time management skills; strong organizational skills; an ability to juggle multiple tasks; flexible.
- 1-5 year of experience is recommended.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- 401K Program
This posting was last updated on: April 11, 2019
Apply Online: https://www.openplan.com/careers/employment-application/
OPS is an equal opportunity, M/F/V/D, and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices based on race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Job Number: 06M-0411201905112019